MG Motor Australia increased drive-thru prices from $500 to $2,000 on nearly its entire gasoline lineup for the 2023 model year, with ZS EV prices rose to $4140.
“The price increases were driven by rising production costs and supply chain challenges affecting us and other brands,” a spokesperson for MG Motor Australia said.
There were no corresponding specification changes.
The company confirmed that existing customer prices were protected and that the increase was only for MY23 construction vehicles.
Not all models received increases. The average size SUV HS saw price increases of $1,000 for the base Vibe and Essence X and Plus EV high-end Essence variants, but prices are unchanged across the rest of the lineup.
MG’s cheapest model, the MG3saw the smallest increase at $500, while the mid-range ZST Excite saw the largest increase at $2,000.
For 2023, the ZS EV no longer has nationwide drive-thru awards like the rest of the lineup.
Its ranks will be reinforced by a new long-range model, scheduled for March. Pricing has yet to be announced for this.
Updated drive-thru pricing for the 2023 model year is as follows:
- MG 3 Core: $19,490 (+$500)
- MG 3 Core with Nav: $19,990 (+$500)
- MG 3 Excite: $20,990 (+$500)
- ZS Excite: $23,990 (+$1,000)
- ZST Core: $26,990 (+$1,000)
- ZST ambiance: $28,990 (+$1,000)
- ZST Excite: $32,990 (+$2,000)
- Gasoline ZST: $34,990 (+$1,000)
- Ambience HS: $32,990 (+$1,000)
- HS Excite: $35,990 (unchanged)
- HS Excite X: $38,990 (unchanged)
- HS Gasoline: $39,990 (unchanged)
- Gasoline HS X: $43,990 (+$1,000)
- HS Petrol Anfield: $41,690 (unchanged)
- HS Plus EV Excite: $49,690 (unchanged)
- Gasoline HS Plus EV: $53,690 (+$1,000)
MG ZS VE
The ZS EV was priced at $44,990 drive-thru for the base Excite and $48,990 drive-thru for the Essence.
For 2023, drive-away prices now vary by state.
Excite’s price is as follows:
- NT: $46,195
- TAS: $46,284
- ACT: $46,521
- New South Wales: $46,709
- Queensland: $47,319
- AS: $47,940
- VIC: $48,416
- Washington: $49,130
The price of Gasoline is as follows:
- NT: $49,195
- TAS: $49,284
- ACT: $49,521
- New South Wales: $49,709
- Queensland: $50,379
- AS: $51,060
- VIC: $51,542
- Washington: $52,518
These increases mean the ZS EV is now up to $4,140 more expensive for 2023.